After my recent DNAFit results which made it very clear I have a massive sensitivity to carbohydrates and a predisposition to cealiac disease, all of which I have intuitively known for many years. I have been on a mission to find wholesome, clean energy recipes that won’t bloat me, or send me into a carb-coma within 10 minutes of consumption. Here is a gem I found recently, you can steer clear of the dates if they are not your bag, and if coconut flour is too intense in flavour, try spelt flour instead.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 4 organic whole eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup (1 small to medium) zucchini, shredded finely
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Shred your zucchini finely, and squeeze all the moisture out of it using a clean tea-towel
- Mix the egg, dates and banana together in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and zucchini, and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the nuts, if using.
- Pour batter into your greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.